Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumCast BulletsDry Creek Bullet Works DC410-230K
A statement, a question and a request for comments.

The statement:
I recently received and shot 100 of these bullets from Creeker. They were absolutely beautiful and Creeker's service was excellent as well.

The question:
Is handloads.com interested in a review article of this bullet?

The request for comments:
With this bullet and Lasercasts 215SWCBB, I have noticed in my gun, a requirement that the bullets have some fire behind them. I loaded the DCBW bullets between 1100 and 1200fps and they shot as well as anything ever has in my Tracker with clean cut holes in the target. I loaded them to between 700 and 900fps and accuracy was noticeably degraded with hole holes that were slightly enlongated. The same hold true for the Lasercast bullets. Has any one seen similar behavior?
God Bless
Terry
If you want to do a detailed write up on the bullets and include some pictures (guns, targets, bullets etc) I'll be happy to put it online.

I haven't used this bullet so I haven't seen the problem with them yawing, causing elongated holes, at low speeds. But I have seen that with some LBT designes, as you said some bullet/gun combos just need a bit more oomph to stabalize the bullet. I belive it's largely a function of the barrels twist rate.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
Thanks for the kind words. I wonder about the twist rate of your barrel? Sounds as though both bullets are "tipping". Keith bullets are usually stable at most any speed. I must yield to your findings as I don't own a 41. Perhaps someone else will chime in.
Creeker
Joshua 1:9
Terry has written up a full review of this bullet including some pictures so we can get a good idea of exactly what he's talking about. The review is up at http://www.handloads.com/articles/dc41-230k.htm if you'd like to take a gander at it.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
Thanks for posting the review John.
God Bless
Terry
Handloads.Com ForumCast BulletsDry Creek Bullet Works DC410-230K

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 458 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2014 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.