Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Posts: 26  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionWould you rather have 1 premium gun or 3 typical guns?
This is something thats often brought up when the subject of wether premium guns are worth the price. Would you rather have 1 Freedom Arms revolver or 3 Rugers (for example, rifle shooters can pick their own brands)? This assumes of course that its a one or the other situation, Im sure all of us would choose both given the chance.

So, would you rather have 1 premium gun or 3 typical guns? I think Id just as soon have the three typical guns, give me a couple Smiths and a Ruger over one Freedom Arms.
John

Well raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
I could not go with just one rfle. If it was just one hunting large caliber pistol to three typical then I would go with a custom job with all the bells and whistels. Which is were I'm headed anyways. I've done that with my 22 cal pistol. I have the ruger MKII competion goverment and have not looked back.

I'll go with John, give me 3. I like to have choices and would not ever sink all my $ in just one.
Rick

A Colt 1911, a Ruger Super Black Hawk (44 mag) and a Browing Buckmark(22) would just about do it. Yep, that will do it.

Having to pick between the two choices, I'm, going with 3 typical guns as well. The "standard" guns are certainly capable of getting the job done effectively and you get two more of them.

Edited on 2/16/2003 5:38:04 PM.
God Bless
Terry
I would rather have the premium gun. But I am really picky so in the past it has been: buy production gun, work it up to semi-premium. I would love to have a freedom arms revlover because they are really accurate and strong, but freedom does not make double action revolvers. The strongest, most accurate DA revolver made is the ruger super redhawk, so that is what I bought and then just "tweaked" it to my liking. Maybe someday Freedom or someone else will cater to us DA fans.
Joe44

Chance favors the prepared mind.
The question reminds me of one the Army asked in several different ways on my post induction testing: "Would you rather darn socks or pick scabs?" If there had been room I would have said "No, I just wanna kill. Kill! KILL! Dead burnt..." Well you know the rest. I vote for 3 run-of-the-mill weapons of minor destruction.
Does anyone know where the love of God goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
Max, that sounds like a line out of Alice's Resturant by Arlo Guthery (sp)
God Bless
Terry
if i had the money to toss around, i would have all premium guns. assuming premium guns would be worth the money paid for them. Colt is what i would consider premium gun, years in business, quality workmanship etc. but they aint worth the money generally asked for. ruger makes a stronger .45 Colt in the blackhawk, so i would gladly pay for a ruger in .45 Colt than have an original Colt .45 Colt.
as far as typical guns, i love old military relics, in typical calibers. can shoot old military ammo thru them at a most pleasurable price! i get to shoot for hours at the range and not lose much money on it.
with me not being a benchrest shooter or competitor of any type, i have no need to own a " premium " gun.
this leaves me to enjoy anything i want. so i would rather have many guns of any type that catches my attention. although i can only shoot one at a time.
answer is "3 typical guns".
"If it’s about the lives of my men and their safety, I’d go through hell with a gasoline can,"
Lt. Col. Allen West, U.S. Army, Tikrit, Iraq
For the most part, I'd take the typicals but to a degree it would depend on a definition of "premium." As I am primarily a rifle shooter, premium could be defined as exhibition wood, engraving, etc... in which case the typical would definitely win; but in the case of premium meaning tuned for its purpose, such as a good trigger or heavy barrel on a varmint rifle then the premium touches are in my mind a necessity. As to just "pretty" bells and whistles, I honestly wouldn't trade my model 12 Winchesters for a fancied up English double as much as I admire the beauty and workmanship of the latter. BD

I would go with the 3 typical guns. It would offer a wider range of calibers, therefore more hunting applications would be possible. Example: A marlin GG 45/70 for inside 100yds. A Ruger BH, 45 Colt as a primary sidearm. And a 308 or 30/06 for longer range work. Another thing to consider, the 3 typical guns could all be turned into premium guns eventually.
Johnny
'twas too!
Does anyone know where the love of God goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
Interesting most of the responses here have been that you'd rather have 3 typical guns, but the current result on the home page is:

1 premium gun 51.6 %
3 typical guns 48.4 %

Just making an observation.
John

Well raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
i forgot to vote hehe. just voted and it didnt do diddly squat to change it much.
"If it’s about the lives of my men and their safety, I’d go through hell with a gasoline can,"
If you want to see big changes from your vote you have to get in early bentbarrel, then you can see your opinion shift the trend 10,20,30% or more.
John

Molon Labe!
im gonna have to learn to sign in at the main page. story of my life hahaha.
Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionWould you rather have 1 premium gun or 3 typical guns?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Posts: 26  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 266 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2018 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.