Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Favorite bullet type
This was one of the first, maybe the first, poll I ran on this site nearly 2 years ago so it seemed about time to try again and see if the general concensus has changed.

My favorite bullet type is a hard cast SWC. They look great, are accurate and can do just about anything you ask of them. Of course these days I shoot mostly revolvers, a few years ago when I was shooting a lot of 45 ACP for IPSC I may well have thought that the LRN was my favorite bullet.

So what's your favorite? And don't forget to visit the front page and cast your vote.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
John,

Good poll. It seems that the rilfe bullet manufactures are following something similar. Barnes is making a new bullet that has 3 cannelure lines on it. Makes me think of a Jacketed SWC for a rifle. :)
Johnny
A jacketed SWC would be interesting, I've often wondered why no one makes a plated SWC, maybe the plating can't get into the grooves well enough?
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
I vote for hard cast SWCs as well. They just look "right".
God Bless
Terry
Boy, this is tougher than choosing between B's, B's and R's. Probably as dangerous too.

Nosler BT's for accuracy work and longer range/varmints.
Flat base jacketed for hunting + Scirroccos
FBFN paper patched for pest control.
#1, #3 Buck, #2,5,6,8 & 9 shot as appropriate.

One bullet fits all? Doesn't exist.....

I'm really curious about the North Fork Tech. big game bullet....
Does anyone know where the love of God goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
SO MANY FACTORS IN DETERMINING WHAT FAVORITE ACTUALLY MEANS; EASE OF LOADING, FEEDING THRU THE GUN, RESULTS ON THE BIG END...
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH MAX ON ALL POINTS, AND JOHN YOU ARE PROBABLY CLOSEST TO MY HEART WITH THE SWC. I SAY RESULTS ARE THE MOST GRATIFYING AND WHEN I THINK ABOUT THE MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD AND THE BULLET I WAS SHOOTING I THINK PRAIRIE DOGS WITH MY WIN TRAPPER 45 LC AND 250 GRN FN. OR THE LOGGER HEAD TURTLES FLIPPIN HIGH IN THE AIR WITH MY 45-70 405 GRN LEAD OR THE WILD DOGS DOWN ON THE RIVER IN THE MORNING WITH THE 32-20 WIN 80 GRN JLNFP.. I GUESS ALL THINGS LEAD TO LEAD...

That's one of the good points of using an ambiguous term like favorite in a forum, it leaves things open for discussion.
John

Molon Labe!
for the real world and not competition with handguns, it is a toss up between the SWC and the LBT, for rifles I like the SBT sierra's
Joe44

Chance favors the prepared mind.
For pistols I would have to go with SWC and in rifles SPBT. Really like all the poly tips coming out like the Hornaday SST, Swift Sicorro and the ol' standby Nosler BT's.
Semper Fi,
Dave
Si vis pacem para bullum.
would "Silvertips" apply here ??
if so, I really liked them in my old S&W 357.
very accurate and lots of power.

I'd put Silvertips in the JHP category since they're a hollowpoint with some marketing flash.

The 140gr Silvertip is hot one in the 357, my GP100 likes it too.
John

Molon Labe!
Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Favorite bullet type

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 268 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2018 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.