Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Posts: 21  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: What is your primary vehicle? Car, truck, SUV, other?
Another potentially lopsided poll, I'm guessing trucks and SUV's will be well represented here. I drive a Suburban. This is one "SUV" that really works the U in utility. I don't know how much lumber I've hauled in it, cars I've pulled from the ditch with it or beatup washed out old logging roads I've traveled, but it's served me well.

What do you drive?
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
'86 C-10, 250,000 miles. The crap it's hauled......
Does anyone know where the love of God goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
93 Ford Ranger 134000 miles
God Bless
Terry
84' suburban 1/2 ton 4x4, swapped out the itty bitty 350 and put in a 454 still got lots of work to do on it, like axle swap, fresh motor with some bells and whistles, some light body work, ect. only had it for about 6 months, but it's lookin' like a wonderfull relationship. In the summertime, it is a 01' vulcan 750 stock no frills.
Joe44

Chance favors the prepared mind.
'92 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4x4 with V-6 Vortec. Looking for a suburban or tahoe as my little S-10 is to small for all of us(wife,me and 3 young'uns still in car seats). In this part of the country bigger 4x4 suv's are at a premium if your looking for one with under a 100,000 miles
Semper Fi,
Dave
Si vis pacem para bullum.
I've got one of those too Dave, my wife drives a 91 S-10 Blazer, about 160,000 miles on that one. Great trucks, but they are small if you have much to haul or many people.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
yeah John it's a pretty good little truck. Gets around in the snow and mud very good as long as it's not to deep, not much clearence. If we end up keeping it and trading in the wifes car on the big suv I think I'll get a 1" or 1 1/2" lift on it. Mine has 110,000 miles on it so I figure it's still good for another 90,000.
Semper Fi,
Dave
Si vis pacem para bullum.
Dave, three chaps in car seats? You trying to set a record or something?
God Bless
Terry
I drive big giant American cars. I can't own a truck, or SUV, though I'd like to. We've always had a truck or two.. Fords , Chevy, Dodge, International... and the van.
Last truck I owned was a giant Ford extention van. "The fly'n fridge". One day the tranny went on my fathers work truck and he asked to borrow my van "for a couple days". A couple days turmed into four years.. at which time it caught fire and burned up. I never got my van back. So i must be a pretty good son. I say "pretty good" because while i wouldn't tell my father he couldn't use my truck... i also don't put myself in that situation by buying another one.
So I drive big cars. Right now, a '90 Merc Grandmarque. Before that was "trigger". My $400 '85 olds Delta 88. I put 70k miles on a $400 car.
Before that an Old's station wagon (it was my fathers, but i sorta got stuck with it in place of the van.) Before that a 56 chevy 4 door sedan. And before that the old family wagon.. 69 ChevyTownsand wagon. A true beauty.. and aircraft carrier in wheels. I've never owned a small vehichle. Or one with less than 4 doors. I couldn't imagen owning a 2 door.
.45 Throats for Pete’s sake. www.Cylindersmith.com
Those big old cars can be very nice. Before the Suburban I drove a 78 Caprice Classic that had been my Grandmothers, I got it with 36,000 miles on it. What a car for road trips, it was like driving down the highway on a couch.
John

Molon Labe!
1992 Toyota Hi-Lux P/U. 249,000 miles and still going strong. Those Toyota four cylinders keep going better than the Energizer Bunny! I have two camper tops for it, one aluminum cab high cap and one fiberglass high top model. I bought the truck new off the car carrier right before I left the service. I don't buy very often, as the truck before that was a 1978 Ford F150 4x4 with the 300 6 cylinder in it, four speed with granny and positraction front and rear. At 350,000+ miles I let my little brother talk me out of it. He is still driving it. Prior to that I had a 1974 Chevy 4x4 that was rear ended in early 1978 on the interstate in Nashville TN. Before I became a pickup man I was a muscle car man with a 1968 396 Camaro SS, a 1969 Z-28, a 1969 427 Corvette with four speed and a 1966 396 Chevelle SS.
-- Bob

-- Who really cares if a 500 pound laser guided bomb is accurate to within 9 feet? --
Full size Chevy's until 95. Bought a rice burner and found out you only have to put fuel in it to keep it going. Give these things fresh oil twice a year and just a little gas and they run forever. My full sized rides cost me 10-15$ a day to operate, rice burners use that a week. (sorry UAW)
Rick

I'm middle America personified. I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan minivan. I'm in sales, and have to carry quite a few samples with me, and I drive over a five state area for the people I represent.

Also, I have two elementary school age children that I am hauling around to their various events as well.

If I could have a "normal" vehicle, it'd be a Ford Explorer or a Suburban. I drive too many miles on the highway every year to drive one now (like 50,000 miles a year for work!).
Good Shooting,
Chuck in the Bluegrass
Dangit, that's one option I should have added in the poll. With all the minivans on the road I should have added that and had the "other" option.
John

Molon Labe!
2001 Ford F-150 S.Cab PU, 5.4L . I almost bought a van (and kind of wish I did) but since I last had a '84 Chevy van,5 L eng) for about 16 years, wanted to try something different.

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: What is your primary vehicle? Car, truck, SUV, other?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Posts: 21  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 239 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2018 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.