Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Which is your favorite gun magazine?
From the front page. Which is your favorite gun magazine? There are of course many other fine magazines out there, but there are only so many choices you can have in a poll and have it still be reasonable. I think my favorite gun mag is American Handgunner. Other magazines often have good articles, but lately I haven't felt a need to subscribe, I just buy magazines when they have articles that look good.

But maybe there's some that I'm missing that don't hit the shelves around here, gun mags can be hard to find in stores these days. Does anyone have a favorite not listed they'd like to recommend?
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
don't really have a fav mag. I started not renewing my subscriptions about a year ago. It seemed to me that most of the mags were just big advertisements. And if you get more than two or three different ones, it seems as though you get the same articles. I do like some of the writers though, and will pick up a mag hat has an article by one of them. My favorite authors are brian pearce, john taftin, leroy thompson, jeff cooper, rick jamison. When they write articles, it seems as though they actually have something to say and are not just trying to sell something.
Joe44

Chance favors the prepared mind.
I like the old stand by of Guns and Ammo. Been a subscriber since the late 70's.

Don't have one gun, don't have one mag either. Sorry. I do have subscriptions to publications that focus on particular aspects of the craft: DOUBLE GUN JOURNAL, RIFLE, HANDLOADER, and SHOOTING TIMES for general info. There are no rules in Love and War.....

There are 3 Websites I frequent for similar reasons: Loadyourown.com/Longrangehunting.com/and I'm having trouble remembering the other one.....
Does anyone know where the love of God goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
I stopped reading gun mags. in the early 90's. I get the American Rifleman because of my membership and so I do read it. I took Guns & Ammo for years but let it go after Ross left. I dropped Shooting Times after Skeeter. Now days I pick up a Handloader or Rifle magazine if something catches my eye.

I've been told of the new and improved so much I tend to take it all with a grain of salt. I missed the whole LBT craze along with the newer magnums. I guess all the latest things are fine and I'm not putting none of it down here but my old stuff is still working great.
Creeker
Joshua 1:9
www.gun-tests.com is the only magazine I subscribe to because it takes/shows no advertising

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Which is your favorite gun magazine?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 204 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2018 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.