Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Have you ever bought ammo in a caliber you don't have, then bought a gun to shoot it in?
This came up on another thread where someone mentioned buying 44 Special ammo but not having a 44, then several years later remembering it and getting a gun so the ammo wouldn't go to waste (a man after my own heart!). Has anyone else done this? I haven't bought ammo then the gun, but I was given a box of 44 Magnum ammo before I owned a gun to shoot it in, so I'm guilty of buying a gun to shoot ammo even if I didn't actually buy the ammo first. :)

I do however have everything to load ammo for a gun I don't own. A friend wanted me to load up some 40 S&W for him, we got everything for the 550B and cranked out a few hundred rounds, but he's since sold the gun so not only do I not have a 40 S&W the one person I knew who did have one doesn't own it anymore. Maybe I'll have to get the parts to convert the 1911 into a 40...

Edited on 8/18/2002 8:23:23 PM.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT JOHN!!!!!!!! Take that stuff to a gun show and sell/trade it off to some unsuspecting "expert" for extra .45ACP brass.

I've never actually bought a gun to shoot ammo I had, but I did have a gun given to me that I accepted but would have otherwise refused just because several years earlier I had bought a used camper and found a box of soft point hunting style ammo in 7.62x39 in it. I still answered no to the poll question because technically I did not buy the gun.

Edited on 8/19/2002 11:19:56 AM.
-- Bob

-- Who really cares if a 500 pound laser guided bomb is accurate to within 9 feet? --
Well...I guess I don't need to run a poll to get your opinion on the 40 S&W. :)

John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
You bet I have! I once found a 1200 round case of 9mm for $89, so I bought it. Then I bought a Hi-Power to take advantage of my good fourtune. I'm not a 9mm fan, but I do love to bust some caps.
Rick

The 9mm does have the advantage of being cheap to shoot. And it comes in some very handy compact auto loaders. Both my 9mm's are full size guns, but a friend has carried a 6906 Smith every day for more than 10 years, it's been a terrific gun.
John

Molon Labe!
Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Have you ever bought ammo in a caliber you don’t have, then bought a gun to shoot it in?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 289 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2018 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.