Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Have you ever purchased a firearm and sold it before ever shooting it?
You see a lot of firearms for sale at gunshows, auction sites, gunshops on consignment that people have bought but never fired. Have you ever bought a gun, stuck it away somewhere and then sold or traded it without ever shooting it? So far I have not. All of the guns I've bought have been shot with one exception and that's the latest one that I simply haven't had time to get out and shoot yet.

A collectors item I could understand, an original mint condition Colt SAA or Luger perhaps. But so many people seem to buy very common guns and never shoot them. Have you?
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
Hmm, perhaps these people would like to sell the paper weights they've bought.. I'm sure we could put them to good use.
DoD #2223 - OFCC #3122
I wouldn't be to hard on them braindead0, it's a great way to get very nice "used" guns. The 357 Redhawk I recently got was one of these, so I'm not going to complain about people doing it - I'll just take advantage of it!
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
YES. For different reasons. Occasionally a gun is just worth the money and you can't pass it up, it is in a caliber that I would not otherwise have any use for, but is just worth the money. It then goes with me to the next gun show to be used to find something that I want. I once owned 3 Enfields, all very nice a No3, a No4 and a NO5, I don't think I ever shot any of them, they were offered to me by a friend so I bought them, along with bayonets, 5 canvas belts of 303 ammo and other stuff. I was trying to get out of a gun once and ended up trading it for an auto loading pistol in 22cal that I really didn't want, but the pistol was easier to get rid of for the money than the other( I forget what it was). The pistol, never shot, was traded for a double 16, Belgian Pinfire, that will also never be shot................Some are just for shootin, some are just for dickerin'

Edited on 8/6/2002 11:14:54 AM.

Only once. I bought a Win. Mod. 94 100th year Commorative. 1894-1994. Not one of the gaudy ones with the brass-plated medallion imbedded in the stock.....a real nice half-octagon, half round 24" bbl, half mag., curved butt plate, AAA fancy walnut stock with fine checkering, with a good looking "presentation box".

Don't know why I bought it, other than I had a little money in my pocket....and it was real shiney!

I kept it for about five years, and finally came to my senses and traded it for a Mini-14 and 1,000 rounds of ammo. Just don't seem right for a poor workin' class guy to have a gun he don't shoot.

Unless I hit the lotto, I won't be guilty of that stunt again.

dewman

Getting them for barter later is a pretty good reason Muffin, not one I've used though I can't seem to resist shooting what I've got! I'm not much of a trader though, I've only sold 3 handguns, one I really regret, one that was good riddance, and one for a very good cause.
John

Molon Labe!
in the last two years, for some reason i dont fully understand, i have been buying military surplus rifles and one model 1895 Nagant revolver (which incidentally i load for and shoot regularly) of alla this old stuff i went into a local big 5 sporting goods store to get some solvent, went out with a rifle, go figure. this milsurp rifle was a brand new hungarian model 44 in 7.62x54R. still had brown wrapping paper stuck to the stock which century arms didnt get it all peeled off before putting it in a shipping box. all matching numbers, bolt shiney no marring, bluing perfect condition, no marks on the furniture. got it at their sale price, i think was 60 or 70 dollars if i remember right. all of the other milsurp i got, i cleaned and checked and shot, i enjoyed putting " life " back into this menagerie. couldnt help it, i had to shoot em as soon as i could! but i have yet to shoot this hungarian m-44. guess mainly cuz i got several other m-44's. i am considering selling it tho i havent shot it.
im just not a collector. i guess. well with the exception of my dust bunnies.

Edited on 8/11/2002 7:51:15 PM.
"If it’s about the lives of my men and their safety, I’d go through hell with a gasoline can,"
Lt. Col. Allen West, U.S. Army, Tikrit, Iraq
I have bought/traded for many firearms that I never shot before selling/trading. When a good deal comes by, grab it, usually someone close by will provide you with your profit. Now if something exotic comes by, well then I just got to bust a few first. My problem is if I do shoot it first, it is usually no longer for sale because it's found a home in my safe.
Rick

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Have you ever purchased a firearm and sold it before ever shooting it?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 720 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2018 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.