Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Posts: 24  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Do you hunt?
Short easy question this time, do you hunt? I think that most of the people who post on the forum are hunters, but an anonymous poll on the front page will let those who don't like to post share their views.

Don't forget to vote.

Current Results
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
I don't hunt. I am not against it or anything like that, I just never got into it.

I go fishing though
seems i dont hunt anything i can eat. does trackin down groundsqirrels count as huntin? how bout rabbits? coyotes?
oh i almost forgot to answer the question, yes i hunt.

Edited on 10/20/2003 5:40:51 PM.
"If it’s about the lives of my men and their safety, I’d go through hell with a gasoline can,"
Lt. Col. Allen West, U.S. Army, Tikrit, Iraq
I have hunted in the past. But not anymore. Finances, health, and location are the causes.
"If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti
I answered the poll "yes" because, if I could, I would. However, like J, my health is rapidly going downhill and I don't even know if I can shoot anymore.

yes

Going deer hunting with grandson and grandaughter this year.

Went looking for feral hogs the other day, but I had the wrong gun through wrong information. I had a .35 Whelen I wanted to test with 180 gr SS pistols bullets, but I needed a pistol! Grown over cut timber with 4 wheeler trails just wasn't right for a rifle. It reminded me of the old Johnny Horton song "Battle of New Orleans". I "went through the briars and went through the brambles and I went through places where a rabbit couldn't go".

Edited on 10/20/2003 8:40:58 PM.

A Big Yes.

Lou

yes I hunt, I don't fill my tag as regular as I used to but I still get a kick out of making a good shot. I also get a certain satisfaction from counting coup on one and watching it wander on off without knowing in my mind it was turned into table fare. I don't count shooting prairiedogs and coyotes and such as hunting its just part of the job.
The most expensive bullet there is ain’t worth a plug nickel if it don’t go where its supposed to.
Yes.
Does anyone know where the love of God goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
every day I can
sixgun addict
No one in my family hunted, but my father was very much "into" guns. When I was about 14 I knew I wanted to hunt and started. I never had any uncle's, brothers, dad's etc taking me hunting. It is kinda odd, but I always knew I was a hunter.

Every gun I own was bought with the intention to hunt except one. And that one is usually filled with snake shot.

Hunting isn't something I do, it isn't a hobby, it is who I am. If I couldn't hunt I would feel like a trapped animal in a zoo.
Scott
Yep, been doing so for 30 years now. Still stink at it but I have fun.
God Bless
Terry
I hunt as often as I can get out, although not as much anymore now that I am married and will probably be even less with the new job I will be taking in a month unless I can do it on the weekends since there is very little vacation time.

Jeff Cooper talked about Hunting on Guns and Ammo TV last weekend and made a point that I think some urban people, especially non gun owners just don't get. Hunting is about being outdoors and getting in touch with nature, it's not about killing. He said (paraphrased) 'someone asked him a hunt went, he said GREAT it was terrific! I didn't kill a single thing but it was a great hunt'.

John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Do you hunt?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Posts: 24  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 478 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2017 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.