Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Posts: 21  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Which is your favorite reloader manufacturer?
This was one of the first polls done here about one and a half years ago. Since that time both Hornady and RCBS have been getting rave reviews on their top shelf progressive reloaders and I'm curious if the winds have changed away from the Dillon powerhouse and towards one of the other reloader makers.

I still load on the Dillon RL 550b that I've had for over 12 years, but some of the things I've been reading about the RCBS Pro 2000 have swayed me towards it and when I get another press one of these days (or more likely one of these months) I think I'll get a Pro2000 to see how it compares to the vaunted Dillon 550.

So which reloader maker is your favorite, and which specific loader is your favorite?
John

We値l raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
Gee John I like them all. Ok if I have too I could live with just Dillon equipment though a Redding Ultra Mag would be nice to have on the bench. At present I use a Square Deal and the old RL-450. I have a Rock Chucker and a Lyman All American. In my area the Hornady is getting the best reviews, even better than Dillon.
Creeker
Joshua 1:9
I've heard a lot of good things about the Hornady Lock n Load as well, the people who buy it all seem to really like it. The RCBS Pro2000 is too, especially for it's priming system.

It still looks like the people who come here really like Dillon, it's doing even better than last time at the moment.
John

We値l raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
Well, the results thus far are certainly different than last year. Not only is Dillon not a good distance ahead in first they're not even second, but are running a close THIRD. Has Dillon been resting on the success of their severaly year old designs for to long?
John

Molon Labe!
Just tossed my hat in for RCBS, I've only used Lee RCBS and occasionaly dillon. Almost always bought RCBS dies...
DoD #2223 - OFCC #3122
Surprise, surprise. Dillon is good but they aren't the only ones out there. BTW I hear Hornady will have a case feed out next year.

Creeker
Creeker
Have bought, RCBS, LEE, HORNADY, REDDING, I think Redding makes the best dies, but costly, I've had problems with the HORNADYS getting brass particles stuck to the sides of the resizing dies and scratching the rounds that follow anyone else having this problem?

I haven't had that problem, but I've only used Hornady dies for some 40 S&W loads. Were they the titanium nitride coated dies?
John

Molon Labe!
It was on .32-20 and 6mm TCU dies, I have polished out hte .32-20 dies twice now, I have never had this problem with anything else?

I BEEN SHOOTING 44 SUPER BLACKHAWK FOR ABOUT 5YRS.JUST PURCHASED A 480 TAURUS .WHAT A GUN ..I NEED SOME INFO. ON SOME GOOD BUT NOT TO COSTLY RELOADERS .I'M NOT GOING TO SHOOT 1000'S OF ROUNDS .I'M PRETTY MUCH A SEASONAL SHOOTER DEER SEASON. ANY INFO ON RELOADERS POWDERS ECT WOULD BE GREAT T
ty lockwood
Hello ty, welcome aboard.

I'd first suggest checking out this thread: http://www.handloads.com/forum/showthread.asp?topic=5&thread=718 Woody recently asked a very simlar question about getting started in reloading. Feel free to ask whatever other questions that thread doesn't answer (and it doesn't answer them all, not by a long shot ).

I have several near top end 480 Ruger loads in my database that might work for you. If you want some real wrist snappers these would be good. If you're looking for some more moderate loads, say a 400gr @ 900 fps or something in that range, let me know which bullet weight and I'll dig some up for you.
John

Molon Labe!
Yes they were the new titanium dies, I've heard this problem from other people, Hornady just shrugs their shoulders and offers to polish the brass out, I just do it myself, currently replacing dies with Redding, no problem there

I still like my Herter's Model 3 as I have been using it since 1955. Still in great condition and must have had 20,000 rounds through it, or more. Sorry Herter's is out of business.

How many of you reloaders remember the Herter's, Wasp Waist Bullet. Now there was one that worked.

Lou

I remember going to the Herter's store in South Dakota back in the 70's. They had pretty good stuff.
Creeker
i have a herters wasp waist bullet .22 cal. somewhere here, looks like a michelob beer bottle.
i have 4 boxes of herters 6.5x55 cases i reload once in a while, good brass.
"If it’s about the lives of my men and their safety, I’d go through hell with a gasoline can,"
Lt. Col. Allen West, U.S. Army, Tikrit, Iraq
Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Which is your favorite reloader manufacturer?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Posts: 21  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 270 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2018 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.