Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Posts: 21  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Do you normally shoot alone or with company?
It took a while to get a new poll up, hopefully this one will spark some discussion. When you go shooting is it usually alone or with company? Most of the time when I go it's by myself, usually early in the morning and my kids are to young to go (although my boy is getting close).

How about you?
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
I don't have a preference although I'd rather go with someone. What good is bragging if there is no one to see your shooting.

Joed

One of my shooting pards moved away and the other works all the time, so I'm mostly going by myself these days.

I do prefer to go with someone else mostly, but there are times when I'm testing loads that I prefer no distractions.

I normally go alone. My wife hates idoor ranges and it takes an act of God to get her to go with me. Since I have no friends in IL, well I usually go alone.

"If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti
I tend to shoot alone, but always make a few phone calls to friends before I go to see "if they are interested." Now, you can look at this and say I don't have many friends - may be. hehe Actually, I go on the spur of a moment, and that's a lot to ask of most people.
I don’t have obsessions - I like to think of it as being highly focused.
I shoot alone. I too am spur of the moment. Plenty of people at the Club so it isnt totally alone I guess.

About half and half. Son goes with me when he is home and awake.
God Bless
Terry
Makes no difference I'm always good!

What good is bragging if there is no one to see your shooting.

Joed

It also means there's no witnesses around when you say "I can hit that pine cone (at 100 yards standing)" and then miss.

I'd rather go shooting with someone, it's just more fun that way, but it doesn't seem to work out that way very often.

Looks like a bunch of solitary guy around here so far.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
Another one here: usually alone.

Clays (hunting trap we shoot here) are an exception, it´s always with more people and it´s nice but handguns or rifles... I don´t have many gunnut friends around.

Most are hunters that do not really practise.

Maybe I just shoot too much?
"Wild Horses" @ The Rolling Stones
I usually go shooting with a friend, who is retired and has lots of time. It's just more fun than going alone ( at least for me ).
usually alone. I dont want to have anyone see how terrible I really am!
sixgun addict
I shoot a lot with my friends. Seems I have corrupted them into buying guns, to their wives dismay. Although I will go and sometimes prefer by myself.
Carpe Diem
Chris
Maybe I just shoot too much?

Impossible!
God Bless
Terry
My Wife wont shoot, my Son is twenty now and still wants to run around the his buddies, that leaves me to shoot alone. The exception is when visiting my Parents.

But that's ok, it tends to make for better practice that way.
Rob
Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Do you normally shoot alone or with company?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Posts: 21  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 499 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2017 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.