Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Have you heard of the Numero Uno pistol?
I was reading through some old gun magazines and came across an article about the Numero Uno pistol. This was in the November 1988 GUNS magazine. The Numero Uno was built from scratch by Paul Giragosian. It was supposed to be built so you could easily convert it to a number of different calibers.

The author of the article made statements like "This innovative pistol design may be the handgunners handgun of the 21st century" and "it was a genuine tour de force, one of those pieces that come along onece or twice in a generation and are remembered."

So with comments like that, 15 years later, has anyone seen one or heard of it? I'm not taking a shot (so to speak) at the gunsmith, just curious how accurate the authors prediction turned out. Other than this article I've never heard of it.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
nope never heard of it. The only numero uno pistol gun I can think of is my 45 colt blackhawk, its the first one I grab when I have to be absolutely positivley sure of the shot.
The most expensive bullet there is ain’t worth a plug nickel if it don’t go where its supposed to.
Have you heard of the Numero Uno pistol?

Nope. Can you post a pic?
"If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti
Here you go:

Color photo
Black and white photo

With the 4" barrel it weighs 39 oz, the same as a standard size 1911, it's pretty much all steel. That front barrel portion was removable, allowing the gun to work with different calibers.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
That's a strange looking gun. I missed it when the article came out.
Looks interesting though.
"If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti
Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Have you heard of the Numero Uno pistol?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 507 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2017 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.