Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Posts: 26  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Who is your favorite handgun manufacturer?
The last poll about rifle makers turned out to be very popular, going by the votes anyway, so here's part 2 - handgun manufacturers.

Colt
Freedom Arms
Glock
Heckler and Koch
Ruger
Smith and Wesson
Taurus
Other

For me it's a toss up between Ruger and S&W, with Taurus a close third. The Smiths, especially older ones, are very nice and have great triggers but the Rugers are like a old reliable hunting dog - they just want to go work!

Don't forget to go vote.
Results

Edited on 7/6/2003 10:51:39 PM.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
For once, a poll with an easy answer. My favorite in handguns is S&W wheel guns. I'll admit gladly that nothing feels better than a Colt SAA with the
5 1/2" barrel, but the first mental picture I still think of in terms of a handgun is still a Smith revolver. Now that I finally have a 5" N frame, things are pretty much perfect in that regard. BD

ruger
sixgun addict
Easy one - Ruger

Interesting that Colt and Glock both still have the big goose egg
God Bless
Terry
Not all that easy but S&W.

And I'm more amazed that Ruger has a big margin over S&W. Not that there is anything wrong with Ruger but I'd have thought S&W and Ruger would be close.

Joed

I'm not to surprised that Glock is running behind here, most here tend to be revolver shooters but I didn't expect them to be at 0!
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
Thompson Center Arms
I don’t have obsessions - I like to think of it as being highly focused.
High Standard? :)

Of guns I currently own, in current production, box stock, Smith and Wesson. If I can fiddle with them, Ruger.
.45 Throats for Pete’s sake. www.Cylindersmith.com
Ruger because of their genral quality and price. Colt Saa cuz there just ain't nothin else that handles like it
The most expensive bullet there is ain’t worth a plug nickel if it don’t go where its supposed to.
S&W N frames

Ruger was close, but, nah.

Back in the 80's my favorite HG makers was S&W and Colt.
S&W revolvers, and Colt 1911's. Ruger came in third with the Blackhawks.

Since then I have severly worn 2 different S&W N frames, the agreement has really soured me on S&W, and Colt's are just way expensive.

Now I want a gun that I can shoot, and shoot, and shoot and.........well, I don't want to have to rebuild it every 3K to 6K rounds like I have had to do with the S&W's.

Rugers fit this bill. Geeze my newest Ruger is 32 years old. Time for another one.

"If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti
Freedom Arms... their craftsmanship is just unbelieveable.

Mike Krall

Now I want a gun that I can shoot, and shoot, and shoot and

Your post hit home. I've owned S&W my whole life. Never wanted a Ruger because they only made what I considered "cowboy" guns. But Rugers hold up, they're strong. And I don't consider the Redhawk or any of their medium frame guns "cowboy" guns.

Someday I'll have a Ruger. Just seems like a S&W pops up out of nowhere and I want it. But I think I'm done so next gun may be a Ruger.

I've only had 2 S&W revolvers that needed work though. And my mod 19 was the worst gun I've ever seen produced, but it is my favorite of all the revolvers I own.

Joed

Ruger double actions definately fit that description, I don't think I've ever heard of someone shooting a GP100 or Redhawk loose. I've read of at least one person who managed to damage a Super Redhawk, but that was with some massive overloads (no it wasn't Clark ).

It would be nice if Ruger would come up with something inbetween the GP100 and Redhawk though, or maybe just build a "Redhawk" with a GP100 grip stud and 4" barrel.

Are you listening Ruger?
John

Molon Labe!
One thing Ruger doesn't do alot of is listen!
God Bless
Terry
Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Who is your favorite handgun manufacturer?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Posts: 26  [ Displaying: 1 to 15 ]  Pages: 1 2  [ Displaying Page 1 ]

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 459 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2017 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.