Handloads.Com Forum
Handloads.Com | Forum Home | Active Topics | Register | Log In | FAQ

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Who is your favorite rifle manufacturer?
One to stir up some trouble this time.

Who is your favorite rifle manufacturer? Unfortunately there are only a limited number of possible answers on the poll and hundreds of different manufacturers and I'm sure I've neglected some very popular rifle so I suspect "Other" will be a popular answer.

Browning
Marlin
Remington
Ruger
Savage
Springfield
Winchester
Other

Don't forget to go vote.

See the current results.

Edited on 6/23/2003 8:33:41 PM.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
Well sir I had to check other on account I like all of them. With the exception of Springfield theres at least one from everyone on the list tucked neatly in the safe or riding in one of the pickups.
The most expensive bullet there is ain’t worth a plug nickel if it don’t go where its supposed to.
My choice is Remington, Winchester or Ruger. I own a Remington but have never had the opportunity to own a Winchester or Ruger. Browning to me is overpriced for what they are.

Joed

Well John, since you are such a connoisseur of rifles, how did you vote!
God Bless
Terry
See now that's the advantage of being a handgunner and asking rifle questions, I don't have a favorite rifle.

Although if I were FORCED to choose I'd go with Marlin since thats who made the lever action 22 LR that is/was my Dads (it's living in my safe these days) and that's my favorite rifle so far.
John

We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing; whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

Molon Labe!
probably remington ive never had one that wasnt a shooter!
sixgun addict
I voted; Winchester! Not USRAC, but the real Winchester.

Oh, I'm sorry, was the poll limited to brands still in business?
Well, then I'd have to vote Marlin. But only if you twist my arm.
"If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti
John
I'd like to answer that question. The only problem is that I haven't shot anywhere enough of them to give a good & honest evalutaion. So I purpose that any one willing to help me with this project, just send me your rifle so I can decide which I like the best!!!!!So far I have shot only a Ruger, Browning, Marlin, & Savage.
Rich Jake

Rich thats a clever approach. Wish I'ld thougt of it.
The most expensive bullet there is ain’t worth a plug nickel if it don’t go where its supposed to.
I would have to vote Ruger. I have a couple of No I's
in .270 and 7mm Rem Mag. Love em a lot

But!!!!!!

For pure fun I would pick my Lee-Enfield NoI MkIII
made in 1922. Overall 85% with 95% rifling. It's a shooter with anything I feed it.

my vote would go to Remington, followed very closely by Ruger. My little mod Seven in .243 is about the best rifle I have ever had and I love my mew Ruger in .223. I guess I am a fan of what ever is my latest acquisition.

Oh fickle fate and me. Buddy Little

This one was kind of tough to answer. I have to pick Remington since with one glaring exception that had been badly cobbled by an idiot falsely claiming to be a gunsmith, I've never tried one that wouldn't shoot to my satisfaction. Then again, I bought a Sako last week, so next time the answer might have to "other." BD

I voted for Remington because I personally like the way their rifles fit and the fact they shoot so well. However Winchester may eventually win me over only because of their caliber selection of their new short mags.

Handloads.Com ForumGeneral DiscussionPoll: Who is your favorite rifle manufacturer?

Please visit the new forum to start a new thread

Forum Stats
1,129 members posted 19,382 messages in 2,272 threads / 9 topics / 3 categories.
User Name
Password

Auto log in? (requires cookies)
Please welcome our newest member : Jamesfromjersey
There are currently 464 guests and 0 members on the boards.
BK Forum v.3.0 © 2001 - 2017 Black Knight Development. All Right Reserved.